CALL NOW TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT 323-438-0868
Cathedral Medical & Wellness walk-in clinic is here to serve Los Angeles, California’s community, by providing superior health services in a family and friendly environment. We strive to make every visit a positive and pleasant one, providing the right, immediate care for our nearby communities.
We focus on providing the best customer experience for your acute minor illness and injury. Our goal is to provide the community an excellent medical care at a reasonable and affordable cost. We work to make a difference in people’s lives and in our community. We strive for excellence by exceeding your expectations. We continually improve our programs and services through education and innovation. We responsibly manage our resources.
Urgent Care Services
Urgent care medical services are meant to offer immediate management and treatment for non life-threatening conditions that occur acutely in patients whose primary care physician is unavailable. Let’s put this into perspective;
It’s in the wee hours of the night, and your newborn appears to be in mild distress. Besides being unable to fall asleep and feed, the baby is otherwise fine. You know well that the family pediatrician’s office is closed and clearly your baby needs urgent care. As a mother it is impossible for you to sleep with your baby in this condition, and you do not want to wait it out till morning. What will you do? Who will you call? Simply take the child to the nearest urgent care clinic.
Other countless scenarios call for immediate care. Urgent care services occupy a very critical position in your life by providing relief from the discomfort caused by various illnesses. These highly convenient clinical services attend to patients with a huge variety of complaints ranging from acute and chronic ailments to physical trauma and injury.
Does urgent care replace my primary care therapist? No, it does not. It merely serves as a convenient option when you can’t reach your doctor. So, is the urgent care clinic near me even important to my health? Yes, it is undeniably vital to your health for various reasons:
- Going to urgent care provides relief to you and your loved ones through analgesic medication against pain and you also get therapeutic counseling from doctors.
- An urgent care center identifies your condition, performs the relevant investigations and commences your treatment till the time you follow up with your primary care physician.
- When you visit an urgent care center for any illness, the clinic staff present there, upon reviewing you, makes crucial medical decisions on whether to admit, discharge or refer you for further specialized care.
The Scope of Urgent Care
The principal focus of urgent care services is to provide immediate management to mildly-ill patients. A typical urgent care center will attend to ambulant patients with conditions of varying degrees. The services offered at an urgent care facility will, therefore, encompass all the existing specialties of medicine.
Direct urgent care is provided to patients who experience non-emergency, non-threatening conditions which may include:
- Minor allergies such as non-complicated contact dermatitis and asthma
- Pain of varying degrees including headaches, abdominal aches, lower back pain
- Infectious illnesses such as eye infection, urinary tract infections, bronchitis, running nose
- Other common conditions such as cough, sore throat, sinus pain, unexplained skin rash, dehydration
- Minor injuries such as small cuts, sprains, and bruises
- Minor routine lab tests such as pregnancy tests
- Fever without any rash
- Toe and finger breaks
Features of Urgent Care Centers
In most clinical settings, urgent care departments are part of a convenient health care system created for people who want fast, reliable and cheap medical attention. This is why all urgent care centers in America have the following characteristics:
- Urgent Care Is Readily Available: You do not have to drive across state-lines just because you have a cold and your doctor is nowhere to be found. Just walk into the closest urgent care near you. You are bound to find one of the 8000 plus urgent care providers in the US right up around the block.
- Urgent Care Services Offer Convenient Medical Services: Let’s say you are in the middle of a busy workday when your head begins throbbing. You barely have time to schedule an appointment with your doctor let alone drive all the way to their office. Your best option is the walk in clinic nearest to your office. You just walk in and get treated on the spot. In no time, you are back to your awesome self.
- Most Urgent Care Services Are Inexpensive: Are you wondering what is the cost of visiting a walk in clinic near me or an immediate care near me in the USA? Well, the average cost of visiting a walk in clinic is around $115 in the US. This is way cheaper than seeking the same care using traditional medical care channels.
- They are open 7 days of the week at hours after usual clinic hours: If on a Sunday you are wondering whether there is an urgent care open now, then you can relax and go to the nearest urgent care center as they are open seven days in a week.
So, what health care services have you used recently? What are your thoughts on the care that you received? Here’s what a 2017 survey has found:
- 59% of the individuals who sought urgent care services felt that they were good
- 79% of the people who were served by doctors and specialists ranked them as good
- 65% of those who got hospital care considered it good
What Happens in An Urgent Care Center/Immediate Care Center?
UCAOA-The Urgent Care Association of America- states that 9.7% of US outpatient visits and 18.2% of the nation’s primary care services comprise of people who seek urgent care.
Providers of the nearest urgent care strive to treat your presenting complaint fully. The best centers often have in-house specialist or work in consultation with external specialists. Nevertheless, practitioners in urgent care settings claim that most conditions are usually within the realms of family and emergency medicine.
Since most conditions being managed at the health clinic near me are of low severity, minimal-to-no clinical tests are done. Treatment is often symptom-based. Simple office-based lab tests such urinalysis, rapid strep tests, and pregnancy tests may also be done.
The simplicity of administering urgent care services translates into quick and economic-friendly health care. Paying for immediate care is easy; most people pay cash since some clinics offer handsome cash discounts. You may be wondering, “How do I pay for the urgent care center near me since I have no liquid cash?”
Most of the urgent care locations in the US accept both private insurance and Medicare. Many of the urgent care near me also accept worker’s compensation.
Possible Outcomes of Visiting Urgent Care Clinics
Urgent care services are designed to treat and manage non-complicated, non life-threatening medical conditions. Therefore, you should expect any of the following outcomes:
- You will receive treatment and be allowed to go your way.
- You will receive treatment and are allowed to go but you have to follow-up as an outpatient client.
- You may be sent to the emergency department if your condition is critical.
- You may be hospitalized for close monitoring and management as an in-patient client.
It is very rare for surgery to be performed during urgent care hours. Practitioners in an immediate care center primarily clean and stitch wounds and treat any other minor skin lesions but never go to the extent of performing a surgical operation.
How to Ensure That Urgent Care Gives You Maximum Health Benefits?
Do the following to ensure that you get maximum health benefits out of urgent care services:
- First Check with Your Primary Healthcare Provider
Unless it’s during one of those situations when it’s utterly impossible to reach your primary doctor’s office, always try to find out whether the doctor can see you immediately. This helps because in the event that the doctor is unavailable, other medical staff present at their clinic may direct you to the right nearest urgent care facility.
- Find the Right Urgent Care Center
The urgent healthcare services sector is so populated and diversified that centers have emerged to only serve a specific clientele. Find a center near you that can serve you, treat your condition and accept your insurance or any other mode of payment.
- Bring Any Medical Record That You Think Are Relevant to Your Condition
A patient’s medical history is a powerful guiding tool that practitioners use to understand the ailments that their patients are facing. Bringing my latest medical records to the walk in medical clinic near me enhances my chances for an excellent prognosis.
- Comply with Your Treatment
Your urgent care visit is meaningless if you do not follow through with the treatment guidelines outlined to you by the physician.
- Follow Up with Your Primary Care Provider
Always notify your primary doctor that you visited an urgent care facility. Be sure also to let them know of the outcome of your treatment.
Emergency Care Vs. Urgent Care
Many people who should visit an urgent care facility often find themselves in an emergency care unit. Apparently, for one reason or another, they think that the two are one and the same. This couldn’t be further from the truth.
Emergency care facilities are meant for serious medical situations which can be life-threatening. In other words, you should visit an emergency unit only if you feel that your condition is so serious that it can cause permanent disability and/or lead to death. Such conditions may include:
- Cardiopulmonary complications such as heart attack
- Serious impairment to breathing
- Serious trauma including major injuries to the head, neck, chest, abdomen and limbs
- Fractures, both simple and compound
Note: It is recommended that every victim of a major road accident is reviewed at the emergency center even if no physical injuries are apparent.
Here’s how to tell when you should go to an emergency center:
- When you feel that the condition can result to death
- When you feel that the disease can permanently damage your life and cause disability
- When a condition is so debilitating that you can’t perform basic tasks
What if my condition isn’t severe, but I choose to go to an emergency clinic anyway? What then?
- Health care practitioners are sworn to protect life. Therefore, no matter how trivial your condition may be, as long as it warrants treatment, the staff at the emergency center will give it to you.
- Going to the emergency center will cost more money. Charges at emergency clinics are exorbitant. A single non-complicated visit can cost in excess of $1200. For an individual without insurance or whose insurance cover has a high deductible, the out-of-pocket cost for emergency care services is consequently great.
- Emergency services are staffed and prepared to take care of critically ill patients. When you present yourself there as an inappropriate attender, you take up the time and resources that can be used in saving other patients who may be fighting for their lives.
Urgent care has dramatically transformed the healthcare landscape today. These patient-centered facilities have innumerable benefits to the overall wellbeing and health of your family. Therefore, take the time to find out the best urgent care locations near you and do not hesitate to contact them when necessary.
- Health Physicals
- Eye infections
- Vomiting and Diarrhea
- Urinary Infections
- Insect Bites
- High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Sugar
- Seasonal Allergy
- Allergic Skin Reaction
- Dental Pain
- Acid Reflux/Heart Bur
- Occupation Medicine
- Minor Burns
- Minor cuts
- Minor fractures
- Sprain and Strain
- Skin Rash and infection
- Respiratory infections
- Ear, Nose and throat Pain
- Splints and Slings
- Repair of Laceration or skin cuts
- Reduction of small fractures and dislocations
- Removal Foreign Body from Ear and Nose
- Abscess Drainage
- Open wound Care
- Intravenous Fluid resuscitation
- Nebulizer Breathing Treatment for Asthma and COPD
- Collection of Blood and Urine samples for laboratory
- Urine Analysis
- Urine Pregnancy
- Blood Glucose
- Stool blood testing
- Urine Drug Screen
- Blood Chemistry
- Prothrombin Time